Dates & Prices for St. Avit 2019
This ten day painting course gives you an extra two days at a competitive price. It’s an inspiring place to paint, a great studio & a chance to experience friendly french village life. It is for the semi-autonomous who can prepare their own breakfast & decide whether they wish to self-cater or enjoy the ‘menu-du-jour’ in the bistro together convivially with fellow students or dine out in the nice restaurant in the village. If you would like a holiday with all meals provided, why not take a look at our other venues Le Château de Sanse or Roussillon les Ocres.
Saturday 18 May – Monday 27 May 2019
Thursday 30 May – Saturday 8 June 2019
Course times are 16hr first day & after breakfast last day.
Open for bookings September 2018.
Average temperatures for May are normally between 15 to 23°C ( 59 – 72°F), agreeable to those who don’t like heat. It soon warms up in the strong southern sun. Expect a few days painting in the studio. May is late spring, bright southern light, flowers, blossom & lengthening days.
Average temperatures for June are 24°C (75°F) with a good chance of sunny days. June is early summer, high grass, wild flowers & the return of the swallows. The light is bright & the dusk falls after dinner.
The price for this workshop is suitable for those on a budget, who wish to have a long painting course.
* 585€ for the 10 Days Painting Course, unlimited use of the studio & transfers. Payable directly to Adam Cope. Online payment with credit card or bank transfer.
* Between 140€ to 250€ for 9 Nights Accommodation. Price depends on whether it’s a two or a three star gite. No single person supplement. Payable directly to the various gite owners.
* About 220€ for self-catering & the other meals taken together in the Bistro (@ about 16€ for the ‘menu-du-jour’).
* 10 day painting course with Adam Cope, one day of which is free time untutored where you can either paint in the studio or go out for the day.
* Max 10 students.
* UNESCO world heritage site, set in an authentic friendly rural french village.
* Spacious art studio in a historic building. Unlimited use.
* Tea bar in the Studio.
* Free ebook guide to materials & plein-air painting written by Adam.
* Painting furniture (easels, boards, sun umbrellas, stools, etc) & solvents, rags, pots, etc.
* Sketching in a colourful local market.
* Transfers to Bergerac airport or Lalinde train station on start & finish days at pre-agreed times before 18hr.
* Easy to get to! Bergerac airport. See our travel page
* Your travel. See our travel page.
* Your painting materials (except solvents, rags, boards & painting furniture which are supplied so you can travel lite).
* Possibility of renting a set of acrylics, alkyds or oil paints so that you can travel light. 35€ normal usage. Just bring your own brushes, canvas/canvas paper & drawing equipment.
* An optional day trip out to visit a prehistoric painted cave (with an in-depth presentation to prehistory) & sight-seeing in the Vézère valley (50€ extra per person, minimum three inscriptions, max six. Entrance to prehistoric cave @10€). Or you can chose to stay at St. Avit for a day of untutored painting.
* Your Food & Drinks.
* Your Accommodation.