Dates & Prices for St. Avit
St Avit is an authentic & historic place to paint. Best of the Dordogne, this is a chance to experience friendly french village life. There is a dream studio for you. This course is for the semi-autonomous who can prepare their own breakfast & decide whether they wish to enjoy the ‘menu-du-jour’ in the bistro together convivially with fellow students, or dine out in the nice restaurant in the village or self-cater. If you would like a holiday with all meals provided, why not take a look at our other venues Le Château de Sanse or Roussillon les Ocres.
Thursday 28 May to Saturday 6 June 2020
This course is suitable for intermediate & advanced painters as well as confident beginners. Not Suitable for absolute beginners (the course at château de Sanse or Roussillon is good for you ).
Course times are 16hr first day & after breakfast last day. There’s also the option of arriving a few days early & staying in the village.
Average temperatures for late May & early June are normally between 18 to 25°C ( 59 – 80°F), agreeable to those who don’t like heat. It soon warms up in the strong southern sun. Expect a few days painting in the studio. May is late spring, bright southern light, flowers, blossom & lengthening days. June is early summer, high grass, wild flowers & the return of the swallows. The light is bright & the dusk falls after dinner.
The price for this workshop is suitable for those on a budget, who wish to have a long painting course.
You pay the course fees separately from the accommodation & cuisine. So the total price is made up from these:
* 650€ for the 10 Days Painting Course, unlimited use of the studio & transfers. Payable directly to Adam Cope. Online payment with credit card or bank transfer.
* 240€ for 9 Nights Accommodation. In a three star gite. No single person supplement. Payable directly to the gite owner. Couples can rent another gite for themselves.
* Count about 220€ for self-catering & the other meals taken together in the Bistro (@ about 16€ for the ‘menu-du-jour’).
TOTAL = 1110 euros
* 10 day painting course with Adam Cope, one day of which is free time untutored where you can either paint in the studio or go out for the day.
* Max 10 students.
* UNESCO world heritage site, set in an authentic friendly rural french village.
* Spacious art studio in a historic building. Unlimited use.
* Tea bar in the Studio.
* Free ebook guide to materials & plein-air painting written by Adam.
* Painting furniture (easels, boards, sun umbrellas, stools, etc) & solvents, rags, pots, etc.
* Sketching in a colourful local market.
* Transfers to Bergerac airport or Lalinde train station on start & finish days. Pick up on start day between 13h – 15h30 for course start-time at 16hr.
* Easy to get to! Bergerac airport. See our travel page
* Your travel. See our travel page.
* Your painting materials (except solvents, rags, boards & painting furniture which are supplied so you can travel lite).
* Possibility of renting a set of acrylics, alkyds or oil paints so that you can travel light. 35€ normal usage. Just bring your own brushes, canvas/canvas paper & drawing equipment.
* An optional day trip out to visit a prehistoric painted cave (with an in-depth presentation to prehistory) & sight-seeing in the Vézère valley (50€ extra per person, minimum three inscriptions, max six. Entrance to prehistoric cave @10€). Or you can chose to stay at St. Avit for a day of untutored painting.
* Your Food & Drinks.
* Your Accommodation.